Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Poor Novel! (Not THAT One)

In July, I purchased a Pandigital Novel-a 7 inch touchscreen e-reader. In short, it's amazing. I can read epub-formatted books AND I (or rather my 5yr old) can play Angry Birds on it. This thing is so great I got my wife one and her friend and mom got one, too. So, I've been pretty supportive of this company from Day 1.

Recently, it dropped from my coffee table to the floor while safe and snug in its faux leather cover. Unfortunately, this was no protection. The glass cracked, rendering the device useless.

I have to say, after talking to a manager at Pandigital, I am very happy with the outcome. This issue could have turned out poorly and I could have ended up footing the bill for a new e-reader. Instead, they are taking the unit back under warranty and issuing me a replacement.

Thank you, Pandigital! And a special thank you to Sue Hyland, the manager I spoke with-she is a great example of customer service.

If you're in the market for an economical e-reader, them head to Kohl's or Bed Bath & Beyond and get yourself one. They are a real pleasure to use and, from my experience, the company values its customers.

No comments: